Rome

Mayor Gualtieri threatened on social media, bipartisan solidarity

"This is for you, mayor, and for your family. As he knocked down our house, I will knock down his. Time to time. The State does not scare me". These are the words of Silvio Hilic, one of the residents of via Arzachena, in Rocca Cencia, a fort of the Sinti clans

Il sindaco di Roma Roberto Gualtieri

3' min read

Translated by AI
Versione italiana

3' min read

Translated by AI
Versione italiana

"This is for you, mayor, and for your family. As he knocked down our house, I will knock down his. Time to time. The State does not frighten me". This is the threat sent on social media to the mayor of Rome Roberto Gualtieri and his relatives by Silvio Hilic, one of the residents of Via Arzachena, in Rocca Cencia, a Sinti clan stronghold, accompanied by a photo of the man holding a rifle.

Silvio Silvietto, Hilic's social name, as reported by several newspapers, comments on a neighbour's post on the demolition three days ago of two illegal houses on the eastern outskirts of Rome: 'My whole life, my family, my childhood, my everything is there, so please speak with respect. No one has taken anything away from anyone. They have taken a roof off a family with eight minors. And whoever brought them to this will pay....also if they pay! god is great!' says Silvietto.

Loading...

The clearance

Tuesday's inter-force eviction and demolition operation was planned, under the coordination of the Police Headquarters, by the Provincial Committee for Public Order and Safety. The census activities carried out in the previous days ascertained that the two buildings had been occupied illegally by Sinti families, including several minors. Some of the occupants had police records for offences against property, persons, weapons and drugs. A total of eleven people were identified, including seven minors, for whom social protection services were immediately activated.

Una immagine di Silvio Hilic tratta dal suo profilo Facebook.

Ora sulle minacce via social contro il sindaco sono stati avviati approfondimenti investigativi da Digos, Guardia di finanza e carabinieri, sotto la direzione della Procura della Repubblica di Tivoli al fine di contestualizzare la notizia e assicurare ogni iniziativa di polizia giudiziaria utile. «Le minacce non modificano di una virgola il nostro impegno contro le mafie e per affermare la legalità e restituire ai cittadini spazi oggi sottratti alla criminalità. Continueremo, insieme alla Prefettura, alla Questura e alle forze dell’ordine, a lavorare con determinazione per rendere Roma una città più sicura e più giusta», afferma nella serata di venerdì Gualtieri ringraziando per la solidarietà bipartisan immediatamente scattata. A partire dalla premier Giorgia Meloni: «Un’intimidazione inaccettabile, nei confronti della persona e dell’istituzione che rappresenta, che va stigmatizzata con fermezza».

Solidarity

From the secretary of the League and vice-premier Matteo Salvini to the Minister of the Interior Matteo Piantedosi. And then from the secretary of the PD, Elly Schlein: "To Roberto we want to say that he is not alone and that the entire PD is at his side and supports his courageous and determined work". And again from the president of the Lazio Region Francesco Rocca who stresses that "any form of intimidation is unacceptable and must be firmly condemned". "We are at your side. The strongest condemnation for the threat, some do not seem to give up, they will. Silvio Hilic the State wins. Ready to go to Rocca Cencia! A hug," says the president of the anti-mafia commission Chiara Colosimo.

Solidarity also from the president of the Municipality VI of the Towers of Rome, Nicola Franco: 'This very serious episode,' he says, 'confirms the extent to which these characters have lorded over the territory undisturbed for years, now enough is enough'. The Capitoline M5S also expresses solidarity with Gualtieri 'for the serious threats. Legality cannot be intimidated'. For the Capitoline Group and the president of the Rome Federation of Fratelli d'Italia, Marco Perissa, 'Rome must be a city where the rules apply to everyone and where those who work in the public interest can do so without fear'.

Blitz at the gates of the capital

An inter-force blitz late in the evening in Valle Martella, on the outskirts of the capital, where the families evacuated from the houses demolished in recent days in Via Arzachena in Rocca Cencia found accommodation.

Copyright reserved ©
Loading...

Brand connect

Loading...

Newsletter

Notizie e approfondimenti sugli avvenimenti politici, economici e finanziari.

Iscriviti